seidoo_ryuu: (Default)
[personal profile] seidoo_ryuu
This is for my own reference, since fragments of the quote bounce around in my head from time to time, and I always wish I had the full quote committed to memory. Plus, I want it for contemplative reasons.

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."


--Frank Herbert, Dune; also known as "The Bene Gesserit Litany against Fear."

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-10 10:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ex-riverblue937.livejournal.com
This is an excellent excerpt, and very fitting for things on my mind this evening.

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-12 09:50 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
Need to talk about it? I can give you a call this weekend, if you like. I haven't gotten the chance to talk at you in a while, anyway. *hugs*

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-13 09:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ex-riverblue937.livejournal.com
Cool! I was thinking about calling you this weekend, too. Today (Saturday) is the first day I've had completely off (without online tutoring or anything) in a long time. I'm not sure what to do with myself. :)

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-11 12:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yuuo.livejournal.com
Beautiful quote. One to keep in mind. And I know I've heard it, yet I've never seen/read/whatever Dune. Hm.

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-12 09:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
I've never read/seen/whatever Dune, either, though something tells me I really should. It's one of those that has been on my "maybe" list for a long time, but I've never gotten up the ambition to read it.

Nevertheless, I do love that quote. ^_^

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-12 12:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] stella195.livejournal.com
Thanks for posting that. I really needed to see those words right now.

*hugs*

(no subject)

Date: 2004-11-12 09:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
No prob, hon. *hugs* Hang in there.

Profile

seidoo_ryuu: (Default)
Sara

May 2016

S M T W T F S
1234567
8910 11121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags