FOUR DAY WEEKEND!!! :D
I needed a vacation. I deserve a vacation. And so I took one. ^_^ And I still have enough vacation time left to take one day off per month for the rest of the year! I did good. *grins*
I'm still working on modifying my attitude and the way I perceive the world and those around me, and if I do say so myself, I think I'm making good progress. Even if it is slow, I continue to make progress, and to me, that is what is most important. The moving forward, not backsliding, catching myself in the act of falling into old habits...it's odd. I never put so much thought into how I operate before, as I've been doing now.
I had this earth-shattering revelation yesterday that made me feel like I was back watching Sesame Street again: It's okay to be sad. The real crux is how one deals with the sadness, and nothing is accomplished by taking it out on others.
It is progress, and I am determined to actually make a change, instead of just lying to make people think I'm making a change. I'm tired of the yo-yo effect. I want to be happy and stay happy. I know it'll be hard, but I'm sick to death of the alternative, and that's all there is to it.
In other news...
zannechaos, I got your card! Thank you!! ^___^ I love the card; I've looked at those at Dancing Dragon before, and have always wanted to get some, but never did. And I did notice it was a Christmas card, which is why I was giggling when you told me to hush. :P And thank you for the teas--I love trying out new stuff, so I'll definitely give those a try! Maybe the bronchial tea will help when I get congested from my allergies. And I adore spicy-sweet flavors (reminds me to send you a couple packets of the Lipton Ginger Twist tea I'm so fond of), so I think I will like the other tea. ^_^
And
moon_on_ice--THANK YOU for the articles! They arrived here on Wednesday, actually, and I've been tearing through them. There's a LOT of good information in those articles, a lot of stuff that makes me think, and quite a few things that made me stop and just kind of stare, because it struck so close to home. These are wonderful articles--I can see why you saved them! Thank you for sharing them with me! I think they'll be quite helpful. ^^
I'll end this post with a quote that I saw today, that I liked:
"Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."
--Dandemis
I needed a vacation. I deserve a vacation. And so I took one. ^_^ And I still have enough vacation time left to take one day off per month for the rest of the year! I did good. *grins*
I'm still working on modifying my attitude and the way I perceive the world and those around me, and if I do say so myself, I think I'm making good progress. Even if it is slow, I continue to make progress, and to me, that is what is most important. The moving forward, not backsliding, catching myself in the act of falling into old habits...it's odd. I never put so much thought into how I operate before, as I've been doing now.
I had this earth-shattering revelation yesterday that made me feel like I was back watching Sesame Street again: It's okay to be sad. The real crux is how one deals with the sadness, and nothing is accomplished by taking it out on others.
It is progress, and I am determined to actually make a change, instead of just lying to make people think I'm making a change. I'm tired of the yo-yo effect. I want to be happy and stay happy. I know it'll be hard, but I'm sick to death of the alternative, and that's all there is to it.
In other news...
And
I'll end this post with a quote that I saw today, that I liked:
"Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."
--Dandemis
(no subject)
Date: 2005-09-23 04:12 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2005-09-23 04:18 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2005-09-23 05:59 pm (UTC)I wonder if looking your demons in the eyes and identifying them for what they are has helped in your progress. I've found that simply recognizing our demons often weakens them. Then progress gets much easier. I know what you mean about being so present in your thoughts and aware of how you're thinking. It's so constant when you first start, but eventually, as you adapt to your new way of thinking, it becomes more natural so you have to police yourself less often.
It IS okay to be sad! And to feel all kinds of things. Today, for instance, I feel a combination of wanting to off myself, and everyone around me. Of course, it's the first day of my period, so I'm naturally going to feel this way. :^) Now how I ACT on these feelings is another matter...
I like the quote. It's something I often do anyway (in my mind), but I like it all the same. :^)