seidoo_ryuu: (CoH Fyrus by Laridian)
[personal profile] seidoo_ryuu
This info is likely only going to be interesting to those of you who have played the game or are in the supergroup, so I'm putting most of it behind a cut. ^^

Of course, since it is very nearly midnight, now is when I choose to make my long-overdue CoH babbling post. XD I'm just feeling accomplished, since Fyrus beat Heracles all by himself tonight. :3 Of course, it took several tries to do it, and he had to take a couple of impromptu trips to the hospital, and he needed to level up before he had enough of an edge to beat him, and he did a lot of running around the warehouse while his HP recharged...but he did it!

You do not want to know how much swearing was involved during the process, though. XD;;; At one point in time, I even degenerated beyond swear words and just made a lot of loud, frustrated noises. ^^;;;

(I think the worst part was when I realized that the temp power you get from the contact for completing that story arc is pretty much useless, because Fyrus has all of those powers, anyway. XD;;; I did like the 8,000+ XP for finishing the arc, though ^^)

Anyway, I've been meaning to post pictures for a while, so I finally got around to doing some cropping and tweaking of screencaps to make them presentable. There aren't pics of everyone, but it's a start. ^^

Right now, I have two hero characters and two villain characters. I play primarily with one on on each side. On hero side, my character is Fyrus. He's a mutant scrapper (melee fighter, decent HP, no ranged attacks, and yes, that's 'mutant' as in 'just like X-men'); his primary power set is Fiery Melee, which means he lights people on fire when he hits them. His secondary power set is Regeneration, which means he heals really, really fast. And here he is, lighting a Hellion on fire:



Fyr is a great deal of fun to play. He can basically run in and pound the crap out of most villains, although I've learned my lesson about rushing him into a huge group when he's by himself, as he tends to get pummeled. ^^;;; I know he's rather beefy-looking; he's supposed to be that way. I'm still working on his back story, but what I've got so far is that he was working as a bouncer/bodyguard before he discovered his fire powers, so he's always been very muscular. He's very much got the "Big McLargeHuge" thing going on. How he can fly is a mystery to everyone, but he can. ^^

There is a reference to his name, and anyone who has played "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" likely caught that reference. ^^ Fyrus is the boss of the Goron Mines. He lights stuff on fire. :P Anyway, the longer you play, the more recognition you gain in the City, and as this happens, random NPCs will make various comments about you as they pass on the street. Most of them are about how impressed they are with your character's various accomplishments. However, during one of Fyr's most recent hospital visits, one of the NPCs said, "Fyrus? That sounds like a villain's name, to me.", and I laughed and laughed. How perceptive. XD

I really like the outfit I put him in when I created him, but then I gained access to the Tech Wings and an open costume slot, and couldn't wait to get a free costume token, so Fyr got a wardrobe update.



I know the orange detailing on his pants doesn't match the orange elsewhere on his costume. I haven't figured out how to get it to match. It's annoying. :<

Here's another picture, with a better shot of the wings, and his Fire Sword, just after he finished beating the tar out of a Circle of Thorns portal:



Incidentally, the animations on the wings in CoH is marvelous. They're animated to behave like real wings, so they have different movements for ascending, straight flying, braking, etc. They even move when the character jumps. I have made Fyr jump for no real reason, just to watch the wings spread, then flap and close after he lands. ^^ I can't wait to gain access to the angelic wings. ^^

The game is running a Halloween event right now. There are random zombie invasions, and characters can also trick-or-treat. For the treats, you can get different costumes as temporary powers (they last until the end of the event, which ends at the beginning of November) or costume salvage that can be redeemed for another costume slot, as well as a few other, minor things. For the tricks, the game spawns various supernatural-based enemies.

One of the costumes is a Paragon City P.D. cop uniform, which Fyrus got last weekend. Because I am not ashamed to resort to cheap visual jokes, I had to take this picture:



Crimefighting = hard work. Donut = good. XD

(the reason why he's glowing and sparkling is because of one of his regen powers ^^)

Fyr just hit Level 25 tonight. I'm impressed with myself. Now I just need to get my other characters leveled up. XD;;;

I ran out of steam before I got many more pics ready to go. The game does have an in-game camera, so to speak, but it's notoriously difficult to operate. It's hard to get really good, close-up pictures; it's much easier to enlist someone else's help to get those pics. ^^;;; So I only really have one good pic of Lektrus, my primary villain character. Here he is:



Lek is a mutant corruptor (he can twist forces to his will, but tends to get flattened in a fight as he doesn't have many HP. and yes, I like my mutants ^^). His primary power set is Electrical Blast, which means he electrocutes people from a distance (and he's the type to sit back and smirk as he watches them twitch and jerk--hey, he's a villain! What do you expect? :P). His secondary power set is Thermal Radiation, which means he can heal himself and his allies with fire.

Lek is a team player, really. He can solo, but not very easily. The nice thing about Lek is that the vast majority of his powers are ranged, so he can get a safe distance away and pick off his enemies, instead of having to rush in and rely on melee combat. He tends to get toasted pretty quickly, when he does that. ^^;;;

So that's a bit of insight into my obsession. ^^ I know a couple of you have mentioned that you play, and if you ever see me online, feel free to /t me and say hi. ^^ (although you might want to tell me who you are, as I don't always answer random /ts if I don't know the sender ^^;;)


Now that I've babbled about that for far longer than I thought I would, it is time for bed. ^^

(no subject)

Date: 2008-10-23 10:24 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kin-thalas.livejournal.com
I´m glad you enjoy CoX so much. And it reminds me on my starting times and the excitement I felt and still feel after almost 21 months.
I like Fyrus, he´s a very pretty and effective toon (so the characters are called in CoX). Fiery melee and regen goes well together. And believe me, you´ll be a hard case with regen, if you think about some important things. My main is a regen scrapper as well (main origin is magic, second, the secret one, is mutant) and though his regeneration rate is around 660% I gave him two "shields": tough and stealth. Yes, stealth is a shield and a very effective one. It´s the tiny little bit from great to awesome. And very handy if you want to sneak ;)
With this combination and well slotted regen powers you´ll stand every fight, pop a purple and you´re a tank.

Don´t be to shy to send a tell! I don´t check my friend list very often so feel free to ask for teamup :D

(no subject)

Date: 2008-10-23 10:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
I am having a lot of fun with it, even when it frustrates me beyond belief. XD One of the things I really like is that you can pretty much pick and choose what you want to do; you don't have to follow a set story line, or do things in a specific order, unless you've embarked upon a story arc. I like that you can go off and do your own thing, then interrupt it to go do something else.

Thanks for the compliments on Fyrus! ^_^ I'm pleased he's turning out so well, as he was really only the second character I created, when I didn't really know what I was doing (I still don't, but I'm getting there XD). I'm so pleased I chose regen for his secondary, as it makes things a heck of a lot easier!

I'm not familiar with the shields; I'll have to look into that. The next power that opens up to him at Level 26 is Incinerate, and I'm really looking forward to getting it. :3 I'm also still working on the enhancements; the frustrating thing is that he's outleveling them pretty fast now, and they're getting more and more expensive! ^^;;;

I will keep that in mind, about the tells. ^^ I never want to interrupt, in case you are in the middle of something, but I'll start asking, if I see you online. He's starting to reach the point where the missions are almost too difficult for him to solo, even with his regen powers.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-10-23 11:14 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] laridian.livejournal.com
Hey, if you get Fyrus up to 30 by Saturday noon, you could join our task force! :D [livejournal.com profile] lenyakurios is running a TF at 4 pm Saturday, you have to be minimum level 30 to join. You can do it! You know you want to! :P

(no subject)

Date: 2008-10-23 10:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
Oh wow, that would be so much fun, and you're right--I do want to join! But I don't know if I can get him up to 30 in two days. ^^;;; That's five levels, and he's only 2 pips in to Lvl. 25 right now. But I'm going to try!

In the meantime, I should ask in the comm. if anyone would be available to do one of the lower task forces sometime. I'd like to try one. ^^

(no subject)

Date: 2008-10-23 10:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kin-thalas.livejournal.com
I´ll run Synapse tomorrow; I didn´t post about it but if you want to join us we´d love to have you! And don´t care about money, TFs are good opportunities to make money.

For the XP part: there are lots of opportunities to PL you. Don´t hesitate to send a tell! We´ll have enough time to get Fyrus to lvl 30 :)

(no subject)

Date: 2008-10-23 11:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
I'll be on tonight (am in-game right now, just avoiding the zombie invasion XD), so if I see you, I'll send a tell. ^^ I'd like to get him up to 30 in time for the TF, if I can!

(no subject)

Date: 2008-10-23 10:51 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kin-thalas.livejournal.com
Ricky never mind to PL SG mates ;)
Edited Date: 2008-10-23 10:57 pm (UTC)

Profile

seidoo_ryuu: (Default)
Sara

May 2016

S M T W T F S
1234567
8910 11121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags