Yay Fyrus!

NSFW Jun. 22nd, 2009 06:07 pm
seidoo_ryuu: (CoH Fyrus)
[personal profile] seidoo_ryuu
I have hit a CoH milestone this past weekend: I got my first toon to level 50. :D Fyrus dinged 50 last night during Sunday Team, in just under 9 months of playing. I thought to post a picture of him from right after he was first created, and maybe one shot of him right after I created him, just to show how far he's come. Fourteen pictures later... XD But he deserves a little write-up, because I can. ^^


Fyrus was technically my second toon ever created, but he's the one I played the most, at the outset (my first toon is not long for this world, unfortunately, although I haven't made the decision to delete him just yet ^^;;). He was the first toon I ever played during Sunday Team, and was really my introduction to the world of CoH. As such, he holds a special place in my heart. ^^

Here he is, hovering over Paragon City in his first costume. I got really sick of this outfit, after a while. XD It's a total mismatch of costume pieces. I really didn't know what I was doing or what kind of character he was going to be, so I just slapped stuff on him at random that I thought looked nice. The only thing that had any thought to it were the flames logos on his hands and forearms. His powers are Fiery Melee, and since his hands start on fire when he attacks, I thought it would be appropriate. ^^ But ugh, that muddy brown color! I really don't know what I was thinking. ^^;;


His second outfit was one I liked a lot better, and he wore that one for a long, long time. It's his Steampunk outfit, along with the Tech Wings. I couldn't justify giving him any of the other wings, but part of his character is that he likes gadgets and stuff, so it made sense that he would get those wings. Plus, they look really cool with that costume set.


I was particularly proud of this shot because it can be tough to get good action shots. Why his hands start on fire when he uses the Breath of Fire attack, I'm not entirely sure. :P


Another shot of the Steampunk outfit, and a silly before-team-night shot of Fyr getting his groove on to Tak's mad stylings on the drum. :P


This one is just for fun. Every now and then, you get railing kills in the game. This one is just painful. I think that guy's toes are turned inward. He's gonna feel that one in the morning!


Remember what I said about Fyrus liking gadgets? Here he is with the biggest gadget he can get his hands on: a Vanguard HVAS, or "heavy". It's a one-use summonable pet that you can purchase with Vanguard merits, which can only be obtained by fighting Rikti after running a specific mission in the Rikti War Zone. Fyr likes his big metal pal. He was very sad to have to leave him outside when they went into the next mission, but his friend was a great help during the Synapse TF when they were fighting the Babbage!

(this picture is courtesy of [livejournal.com profile] iceraptoress. Thank you! :D)

I eventually got Fyrus a "traditional" hero costume with a cape and everything. I think I chose the "fiery hands/fiery eyes" aura combo because it looked cool, as impractical as it is. ^^ And man, that's one white outfit! He'd better be careful not to get it dirty. White leather is impossible to get clean. (this shot was also before I fixed the interior of his cape, which is why it is black. Whoops!)


Of course, every good hero needs a casual outfit. Fyr looks good in jeans. And a plain white tee shirt. And sunglasses... :P


He cleans up well, too. Here, Fyr and Heat show off their entries in the GQ Competition, With Sunglasses.


Finally, about a month ago, I decided I'd had enough of that stupid mismatched first outfit of his, and got rid of it, trading it out for something that looks much, much better, in my opinion. Here he is, leather jacket, (EXTREMELY! TIGHT!) leather pants, and sandwich. Because fighting crime is hard work, and sometimes, you just need to take a sandwich break. :P

The pants are part of an inside joke involving Fyrus between [livejournal.com profile] shewolfe and me, particularly if you can see them from the back. *whistles innocently*


Now, on to the shots from last night!

I decided that I was going to get a couple of shots of the "mosh", where we all just wade into the thick of it and go to town against the enemies. Last night had us fighting a bunch of really tough bosses, and this was one of them: Infernal. Fyr's strategy? Just hit it with stuff until it stops moving. :P He's in the foreground, and I think everyone else on the team is in the shot. Note that Heat, in the upper left-hand corner, is naked and on fire. Again. :P


This pic is not nearly as good as the last one, but it is just so cool that I had to include it. Despite the fact that you can't really see anyone, and Zipakna isn't even in the shot, I thought the attack effects were too cool to let it go. The big fiery ring is Fyr's Fire Sword Circle attack. I think the giant starburst/explosion is one of Rishalon's attacks, but I'm not sure.


Our last big fight of the night was against Tyrant, who is an evil version of the game's figurehead, Statesman. Time for another cool action shot! Fyrus is there, front-and-center, in his Heroing Costume. Rishalon is to his left, with the black and blue wings. Zipakna is to his right, also with wings. Statesman is off to the far left of the picture, and he's not doing anything because he can't. But that's okay; we beat Tyrant, anyway. :)


And then, after all that, Fyrus levels up as we're all standing outside the mission door, after he turned in the mission with his contact, and got a hefty chunk of XP for doing so. I got a semi-decent picture of it, but [livejournal.com profile] iceraptoress got one that was much, much better, so I used that one, instead.


*sniffles* My little baby is all growed up! I think I'm gonna cry now. ^^

Now that he's hit 50, of course, I'm not done playing him by a long shot. He's got a lot of ground to cover, with missions he missed in his rise to 50, since I skipped a lot of content to catch up with the rest of the team. There are also task forces, badges, etc. etc. etc...in other words, he's not going into retirement any time soon. ^^


So, in closing...Yay Fyrus! :D Thanks to everyone who helped him during his trek to 50, and for letting me be a part of the team. ^_^

(no subject)

Date: 2009-06-23 01:40 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] amaryssobellus.livejournal.com
Congratulations! Wow, 50 and so quickly. :) I'm glad that you finally have Fyrus at 50 and I hope to still be able to play with you with Ethe.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-06-26 03:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
Thank you! ^_^ To me, it feels like a long time, but then again, compared to some, it's really fast! ^^;;; I think it only feels like a long time because he was not earning XP for so long. But I'm glad he's here, and I'm glad he was able to level up during team night--it makes it more fun to have an audience. ^^

Fyr's not going into retirement any time soon, and he'd be happy to join Ethe whenever she needs help with a mission. :)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-06-23 03:04 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] laridian.livejournal.com
Sweet pix! :D The steampunk pic looks really nice with that background, too. The fire sword/starburst looks so cool!

Very nice to see the costume retrospective. Thanks for sharing!

(no subject)

Date: 2009-06-26 03:35 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
Thank you! ^_^ I didn't mean to pull together so many pictures, but the more I dug through the folder, the more I found that I wanted to use. XD That one steampunk pic was actually from the set that got taken when I was getting shots for my art commission for Fyr's pic. ^^

That fire sword/starburst thing was one of those completely inadvertent shots. I didn't realize what I'd gotten until I was looking through the screenshots folder after team night, and went, "Whoa! Cool!" ^^

You're welcome! ^^ It was fun to put it together and see how much he's changed, even if he hasn't been around as long as some toons. ^^

Profile

seidoo_ryuu: (Default)
Sara

May 2016

S M T W T F S
1234567
8910 11121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags