seidoo_ryuu: (CoH Featherfall)
[personal profile] seidoo_ryuu
This post is the culmination of much squeeing and jumping up and down, occurring over the course of the past several weeks, as I have watched this project in steps from beginning to end. ^_^

Last year, after I had been in CoX for a while and had an adorable RP couple going with one of my toons and one of [livejournal.com profile] iceraptoress's toons, I got the idea that I wanted to get an art commission done of them. And I knew exactly who I wanted to do it: [livejournal.com profile] beechan2, who does gorgeous work (seriously, if you are not familiar with her art, you don't know what you're missing). So I got on the waiting list, and I knew it would take a while, as she is in demand and is very meticulous in her commissions. That's one of the things I appreciate about her--if she agrees to a commission, she puts a LOT of work into it and makes sure it looks awesome when it's done.

Anyway, earlier this year, I got the note from Bee that my name was next up on the commission list. Information was shared, details and payment were exchanged, and after several updates and tweaking and playing with a new art program...this is the result:



Kanau and Feather FINISHED by =bee-chan on deviantART

It turned out absolutely adorable! I'm so happy with it, and it was very much worth the wait. ^_^

Thank you so much, Bee! I'm very, very pleased with how the art turned out. :D

(no subject)

Date: 2010-05-08 01:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] shewolfe.livejournal.com
no clickie, no art.. iz sad.

(no subject)

Date: 2010-05-08 01:54 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
fixed.

stupid fucking LJ...

(no subject)

Date: 2010-05-08 03:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
Agreed! Every time I look at the picture, I find something new that I never noticed before. ^_^ I'm so impressed with it!

(no subject)

Date: 2010-05-08 02:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] paradigm-clutch.livejournal.com
That is adorable! :)

(no subject)

Date: 2010-05-08 04:00 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
It is! ^_^ Which works perfectly for that particular couple. Very much worth the wait!

(no subject)

Date: 2010-05-08 02:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kin-thalas.livejournal.com
Aww! Cuteness overload!!!

Adorable piece!

(no subject)

Date: 2010-05-08 04:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
Yep, very much so. XD The fun part was getting to watch this all come together from beginning to end, since Bee sent me regular updates to let me know how it was coming along, and to make sure it was turning out the way I wanted. And it turned out perfectly! ^_^

I might get over my shyness about posting in the LJ comm for this one. ;)

*runs around and circles and squees a lot*

Date: 2010-05-08 09:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] beechan2.livejournal.com
I'm seriously glad you like the piece! It makes me happy to be able to make someone happy through my art. ^w^

~~Bee

Re: *runs around and circles and squees a lot*

Date: 2010-05-09 08:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] iceraptoress.livejournal.com
I think it's lovely too, Beechan. Thank you for all of your hard work! ^_^

Re: *runs around and circles and squees a lot*

Date: 2010-05-10 01:36 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] beechan2.livejournal.com
You are very welcome!

I'm sending Sara two high quality prints of this via snail mail tomorrow morning before work, and she'll send you one of the copies, so you'll have one for you own walls. It's 8.5 x 11 inches.


~~Bee

Re: *runs around and circles and squees a lot*

Date: 2010-05-10 02:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] seidoo-ryuu.livejournal.com
It has been great fun, from start to finish, and I really appreciate all the time and work you put into it, and all of the e-mail updates, keeping me in the loop on how the commission was coming along. I know you did that to make sure it was turning out the way we wanted, but it was really neat to see the piece coming together, from start to finish.

So...thanks again, for everything! ^_^

Profile

seidoo_ryuu: (Default)
Sara

May 2016

S M T W T F S
1234567
8910 11121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags